BRENÉ BROWN WORKSHOPS
Would you like to build greater courage, compassion & connection in your company culture?
We are one of only a handful of facilitators in Europe licensed to deliver coaching and development based on the research of Dr Brene Brown. We work to re-humanise the workplace, exploring topics such as courage, vulnerability, empathy and resilience. Our workshops address issues that hold us back, such as perfectionism, blame and judgement; supporting our clients to show up, be seen and live braver lives.
If you are not already aware of her work, please click here to view Dr Brene Brown’s TED Talk on vulnerability, that ranks in the top 10 of all time.
The Daring Way™ is a highly experiential methodology based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown. This method is designed for work with individuals, teams, and organisational leaders.
During the process you explore topics such as vulnerability, courage, shame, and worthiness. You examine the thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that are holding you back and identify the new choices and practices that will move you toward more authentic and wholehearted living. The primary focus is on developing shame resilience skills and developing daily practices that transform the way you live, love, parent, and lead.
The Daring Way™ Workshop Content Overview
The Daring Way™ is a courage building program based on the ground-breaking research of Dr Brene Brown, a world leading expert in this area. This development supports you to be your bravest self, have courageous conversations and take smart risks.
Courage building behaviours – The 4 Components of Courage
• Learn that courage requires four skills that can be developed: vulnerability, clarity of values, trust, and resilience.
• Identify how you want to show up and what gets in the way of being courageous.
• Develop skills to set intentions and ask for what you need from colleagues
• Challenge preconceptions and dispel the myths surrounding the concept of vulnerability.
• Learn the relationships between vulnerability, courage, and full engagement and how those relationships affect the way we live and show up in the workplace.
Empathy & Trust – The Power of Connection in the Workplace
• Learn the six most common barriers to empathy and connection
• Differentiate empathy from sympathy & understand how experience and emotion support the practice of empathy.
• Develop an understanding of how trust is built incrementally, over time, and often by small gestures.
• Apply the seven elements of trust in conversations to strengthen relationships with colleagues, direct reports, managers, and within teams.
Clarity of Values
• Connect with your core values and identify gaps between aspiration and current behaviours.
• Recognize how shame, scarcity, and comparison show up in our professional lives and how they affect performance, engagement, trust, and communication.
• Differentiate between the four self-conscious emotions: shame, guilt, humiliation, and embarrassment.
Taking off the Armour – Overcoming perfectionism
• Learn the difference between perfectionism and healthy striving
• Explore situations where perfectionism shows up for you
• Identify a practice to act differently without compromising standards
• Learn how to set boundaries, practicing integrity and make generous assumptions
• Gain clarity to choose courage over comfort; choosing what is right over what is fun, fast, or easy
Daring Feedback & Brave Conversations
• Identify fact from emotion, assumption and story
• Understand and move past the excuses & fears that hold you back
• Learn a structure that enables powerful, objective and meaningful conversations
• Develop and practice skills to give and receive courageous feedback
Call to Courage & Integration
• Get clarity on what you stand for and what you want to be known for at work
• Determine how you will integrate key learnings from this course into your personal & professional life
• Create a support system to help you build accountability and put courage skills into practice