DARE TO LEAD
Dare To Lead TM Overview
An empirically-based courage building programme for organisations who believe in leadership at every level.
Data that supports Dare To Lead is a combination of 20 years of ground-breaking research by Dr Brené Brown into courage, vulnerability, empathy and shame, and 7 years of interviews with 150 global leaders across disciplines from Special Forces to Pixar, non-profits, and Oil and Gas.
The research found that courage is made up of 4 teachable, observable and measurable skill sets:
- Rumbling with Vulnerability – Facing risk, uncertainty and emotional exposure with courage and clarity.
- Living into Our Values – Identifying, operationalising and practising the beliefs that we hold most important.
- Braving Trust – Creating or deepening connections in relationships and teams based on the seven elements of trust.
- Learning to Rise – Learning and growing from the failures, setbacks, and disappointments that are inevitable when we are brave with our lives.
Through attending this course, participants will:
- Gain greater self-confidence, courage and tenacity
- Feel braver and more assertive
- Learn to align decision making with core values for longer term fulfilment
- Get greater clarity on purpose and what is truly meaningful
- Take bold, immediate steps towards personal and professional goals
- Have greater self-awareness of what holds you back and moves you forward
- Learn the tools to have courageous conversations and the motivation to have them
- Identify which opinions really matter and which are coming from the ‘cheap seats’.
- Practice being kinder to others and yourself without compromising standards
- Feel able to ask for what you need or want, with less fear around hearing “no”
- Build greater resilience when faced with challenges & strategies to help overcome these
- Build an authentic network and connect with a supportive group of brave individuals