DARE TO LEAD
Dare To Lead TM Overview
An empirically-based courage building programme for organisations who believe in leadership at every level.
Data that supports Dare To Lead is a combination of 20 years of ground-breaking research by Dr Brené Brown into courage, vulnerability, empathy and shame, and 7 years of interviews with 150 global leaders across disciplines from Special Forces to Pixar, non-profits, and Oil and Gas.
The research found that courage is made up of 4 teachable, observable and measurable skill sets:
- Rumbling with Vulnerability – Facing risk, uncertainty and emotional exposure with courage and clarity.
- Living into Our Values – Identifying, operationalising and practising the beliefs that we hold most important.
- Braving Trust – Creating or deepening connections in relationships and teams based on the seven elements of trust.
- Learning to Rise – Learning and growing from the failures, setbacks, and disappointments that are inevitable when we are brave with our lives.
Through attending this course, participants will:
- Gain greater self-confidence, courage and tenacity
- Feel braver and more assertive
- Learn to align decision making with core values for longer term fulfilment
- Get greater clarity on purpose and what is truly meaningful
- Take bold, immediate steps towards personal and professional goals
- Have greater self-awareness of what holds you back and moves you forward
- Learn the tools to have courageous conversations and the motivation to have them
- Identify which opinions really matter and which are coming from the ‘cheap seats’.
- Practice being kinder to others and yourself without compromising standards
- Feel able to ask for what you need or want, with less fear around hearing “no”
- Build greater resilience when faced with challenges & strategies to help overcome these
- Build an authentic network and connect with a supportive group of brave individuals
We deliver the programme in-person and to a minimum group size of 10, over 2 days either consecutive or split.
We combine this programme with individual and group coaching to provide accountability and support in embedding the learning and ongoing connection between participants.
Content is also available as keynotes and bitesize workshops e.g. Overcoming Perfectionism.