MY BRAVEST YEAR IN TECH
What could you achieve if you had your bravest year yet?
My Bravest Year is experiential leadership development that focuses on helping participants be braver, overcome perfectionism and take smart risks.
Despite Google’s Aristotle Study identifying psychological safety as the single most important element in high performing teams, there is far too little of it in the tech industry. For many, and particularly those from underrepresented groups, the perceived message remains the same – stay small, stay quiet, stay safe.
My Bravest Year in Tech is for existing and emerging female leaders and combines world-class coaching with content from ground-breaking thought leaders in leadership development as well as Dare To Lead, the progressive leadership program from Dr Brené Brown and Apple’s Business Book of the Year.
Programme members will become an inspiration as they blog and share their journey via social media in real time. They will experiment with letting go of what others may think, set strong, healthy boundaries, step into uncertainty without the fear of failure or hearing “no” and celebrate their imperfections.
This program will both develop brave leaders and provide female talent throughout the industry and beyond with meaningful, relatable role models and the reassurance that they are not alone in the fears and doubts that hold them back.
- Through attending this course, you will;
- Become a braver, more daring leader
- Gain greater self-confidence, courage and tenacity
- Learn to align decision making with your core values for longer term fulfilment
- Feel able to ask for what you need or want, with less fear around hearing “no”
- Build greater resilience when faced with challenges and strategies to help overcome these
- Gain an unparalleled network with other brave leaders in Tech
How This Works
This is a virtual programme. Each participant will experience;
- 1 x 1:1 individual values coaching session (1hr)
- Highly interactive and live development modules (2 hr sessions) running once a month for a total of eight months
- Group coaching (1.5 hr sessions with 3 participants and the coach) monthly approx 2 weeks after every module
Access to this programme requires the following:
- A commitment to share (with appropriate boundaries) via social media your fears, challenges, feelings, goals and lessons learned after each coaching session and module.
- A sponsor – a senior member of your organisation willing to speak out and champion your journey at every stage, both within the company and publicly.
- A commitment to show up and contribute to every coaching session and development module.
Our Track Record
Previous programmes for tech leaders included participants from Barclays, PayPal and the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) as well as CEOs and founders of start-ups. Those in the group who identified promotion/increased compensation as a goal, realised an average increase of 22% in pay as a result of this programme. A selection of testimonials from the programme are below.
“This programme has been life-changing for me. I’ve emerged from this with a much better understanding of myself, where it is I want to be and what’s holding me back.”
“I would highly recommend this programme to any woman who feels they haven’t yet reached their full potential.”
“What I have learned and achieved has surpassed my expectations…I have so much more energy and clarity as a result of these past months. I’d do it all again in a flash.”